Friday, July 31, 2009

What is hiding over our heads.

So yesterday was nice and lazy as well as today. Tanned, swam, went to town for some groceries. Though I should get a list made since its one of those co-op-ish off brand to expensive to justify ANYTHING kinda place and I dont really know I can make of the stuff they have. So its been some fruit and chips lately. I want to fix that abit. 

Though money is saved by eating off the trees! Which is what I do in the morning and sometimes lunch if I can find something. 

I guess the exciting thing of the day didn't really happen until 2 in the morning this morning. I had another giant delicious piece of steak and some fresh spinach. Passed out around 7 and woke around 2 to a half full moon and stars bursting out between the low hanging clouds. I thought the ocean would make me feel small but the sky, it seems bigger at night somehow. I'm told I should wait 15 days or so to witness a better view since the moon dampens the view. EXCITEMENT! 

Its 7:30 am currrently and the sun wont be potent for another few hours. Most like time to do some art and watch/listen to some morning cartoons. This is something I wish my camera could take but I had to pull it from online. This is a picture from the Hawaiian Observatory from the bigger island.

2 comments:

Francesca said...

Seriously? This is what you see at night/evening/dawn? GORGEOUS. It doesn't even look real–more like fantasy!

That's one thing I'm going to miss when I go back to Minneapolis. Here you can see STARS. Not just a few, but it's so full and vast it's dizzying. Can't top what Hawaii has to offer, I'm sure, but it's nature and it's beautiful.

Katy Farina said...

Only twice in my life have I seen a view that looks exactly like that picture - once in the middle of the ocean on a schooner cruise, the other was in Hawaii.

Oh Sam, you haven't seen anything until you see it for yourself!