Thursday, July 30, 2009

My first day.

Part of me being here is that I assist around the resort. Which is perfectly fine. I mentioned my energy can best be used around the gardens. If you didn't see the video is proof that everything on the west side of Maui is a luscious tropical paradise and truly no plant dies here. Just keeps growing and growing. 

I learned what trimming the hedges means. Cut everything but 1 branch off. I removed 2 Hibiscus trees, yes trees, because they get that huge here and two other tea trees. Mowed the front and back lawn, a true hindrance of such healthy thick grass is every 15 - 20 ft you have to stop because the blades get clogged. The sun works its craft of frying the yard once the grass was chopped, it was all brown and I was worried that I had overdone it and killed the yard! No, no no no. Here? It just rains and the next day (today) I'll notice how in vain my actions all were. 

Base tan is coming along. Yard work helped with that.

Dinner was made with parts of the garden. Fresh asparagus, spinach, corn and some amazing steak to make a simple but perfect dinner after working all day. 

Oh while mowing I stumbled upon a passion fruit that had fallen and was ready to eat. Never had one before, just had the flavor in the drinks. There is no comparison to such healthy fresh fruit though. Surprised? No. 

Not sure what plans are for today, might just get that tan going a bit further and continue drawing stuff.  Did find some new MUSIC though.

If you favor Royksopp  you might favor Miike Snow. I found I like their "Song for No One". Check them out!

1 comment:

Francesca said...

Oh, man. More than anything: REAL PRODUCE. I cannot describe the happiness I have for you : D ! It sounds like such a magnificent experience!