Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Just for posting sake.




Today was a fun filled day. I drove down to Kihei for the first of many more times I think. Due to the fact my expeditionary native islander friend was unfortunately on the other side of the island upon my arrival. Though I made due exploring the little tourist shops in the area until his arrival. 

I must say the whole internal compass has been tossed out the window. It seems North is South and West is East. What felt like West was actually South! There really wasn't to much snorkeling to be had but I was taken to a very nice beach in the midst of the Condo Kingdom. 

The sand was different from the North coast beaches (less shells and such washing up) The water even in the late afternoon/early evening was clear and blue. This is something I'm having more and more trouble leaving. I got out far enough where when the current was coming in it would be atleast 10-15 ft.  Its so much fun just floating on the surface riding the waves. Catching a current and riding it underwater makes it feel like you're swimming 3 times faster. 

I did have a quarrel with a crab. I was about to grab this large piece of dead coral sticking out and BAM! A puff of sand and this crab the size of my hand is on the defense.  Well flipping him off (outside of pinching zone) seemed to do the trick! He shuffled back under the sand and I got my piece of coral! 

I was a little cautious though from then on. Oh the water was so blue. I actually bought some underwater cameras but didn't think to crack them open just yet. Also from Polo Beach (thats where we were) you could see Molokini! I would love it if I was strong enough and it was safe enough to just swim out there.  In the pic I posted where actually two fine ladies were exchanging vows. There were actually two weddings going on during our time at the beach today!

Also at night I've been watching Bewitched. The show I grew up on, and do believe one of the best shows to have been made. So of course doodles have occured of some of Sam's eccentric family and witchy friends. This one specifically. I thing old ladies are some of the most exciting to draw. I dont know why? The more eccentric the better? But I guess anyone or anything can be made that way.  Enjoy!

It says backwards "Way by broom is so 18th Century"

No comments: