Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fish of the day!

So I need to wait til I get back to develop the underwater camera pics I have. But here is my most common findings in the reefs today. We went all over the West side of Maui. Lots of driving but also lots of fun swimming and some shopping at Whales Village or whatever its called.

I found a needle fish around where I free dove (30ft or so) 

In the shallows when I was going out for another peak around (without my camera >.<) I found a spotted and stripped adult box fish hanging in the shallows!

Lots and lots of Picasso trigger fish. Very common I guess. Exotic and territorial. They have a little trigger fin on their dorsal that shoots up in aggression. I don't recall if its actually shop or just false danger warning.

Also a school of unicorn fish!

 


2 comments:

Francesca said...

I like the unicorn fish! That is so cool, Sam. It sounds like a fantastic experience.

Genna Lee said...

You are going to have oodles to work with for arting.

Maybe you should be doing fish stationary too for the art sale ;)