Monday, December 26, 2011

girl in the mirror leads to..

Lady in the water?

So with bouncing inspiration off my boyfriend, he's been sketching lots of water horses. Not to be mistaken I guess with sea horses. It got me to thinking about another type of horse like creature. The Irish Kelpie. Which can shapeshift to tempt unsuspecting men into its waters.

I have accumulated a number of large canvases and I want something that has a very ominous mood to it. Soo... as you saw the girl in the mirror (which is a ref. to the oz chronicles) I was thinking it would be fitting to have a large painting again of a female figure.

Yes the Kelpie, which does have other names its known by, are creatures known for luring unsuspecting men and children into its waters to devour them. Of course, what's more alluring then a woman covered in lake weed? My sister helped model for the perspective in our grandparents pool, which became a nice way to occupy the worlds most boring day (Dec 25th)

The digital sketch I ended up with before bed last night:

No comments: