Thursday, August 20, 2009

Not much left to say

I will come back to Maui. I'm sure there are other amazing islands I need to fall in love with along with the amazing wildlife under water in their own reefs. But this place feels good. 

Yesterday I got back to Makena Bay. Swam all the way out to Turtle Town. Thought it was going to be a bust but given time. Out of the blue we were visited by another sea turtle. Swam along with us for a good half hour. Soon enough we were trailing behind it as it went to the South part of the bay. It brought us to this amazing reef. Nothing like Molokini or the open flat reefs we were so use to swimming over. This was that kind of reef where there are mountains and valley's!
Fish of all different shapes and colors. The clicking noise of fish eating away and the wash of the current pushing you through and along with the schools of fish through the reef. It was unreal and so enjoyable. 

I hate that MN is so far away from such sights. I would trade pine trees, snow, squirrels, deer and of course our state bird the mosquito for this every time I went out to play outside.




I head to the airport within the next hour. I'm all cleaned, packed up and as ready to go as I can be. Taking as many deep breaths as possible. The sea air is so clean and refreshing. No allergies, no stuffy or dry nose.  Clean soft rain, hot sun, cool breeze. Thick jungle and bright saturated colors. THIS IS PARADISE!

1 comment:

Francesca said...

I am happy that you got to experience your dream, Sam : ).

This will sound weird and not true, but I promise it is: all of the love and joy you have been communicating about Hawaii-I feel like that about the snow and the pine trees and the wildlife of my hometown.

You're right. It hurts to leave it :*).

ALSO I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!! IT'S BEEN A MILLION YEARS!!